Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day
Then and Now

Happy Father's Day! Thank you to all of the fathers out there and the ones that we gratefully remember today, you are the heroes of your family!

Then...

It was 1985 when my dad became a father. I'm going to bet he was just as nervous as Mike was when he first became a dad. Times for a father were different in the 80's but I know you celebrated my successes and helped me through my failures, just as we do for our girls today.

Thank you dad, for teaching me so many things. I can attribute you to my faith in God, my love for nature and space, my drive for hard work and success, how to change a tire, and above all, how to rely on myself.

Thank you for also being a great Papa! You make them green eggs and ham and teach them about birds and nature. I am so thankful that they are blessed to have a relationship with their grandpa.

What do you love about your Papa?

F: Play with him!
G: Play! 

8-8-09 Grace, the day Mike first became a father.


9-28-12 Faith, round two of fatherhood!
Now...

It was the summer of 2009 when Mike first became a father. Thank you for your steadfast love for our daughters. You are a modern dad! During the school year Mike's schedule is one of the "stay at home dad." He makes the girls breakfast, takes Grace to school, manages the household while I'm at work, and then goes to work 5 minutes after I get home! He then works into the wee hours of the night, gets home, tries to catch at least 5-6 hours of shut-eye, and then wakes back up to do it all over again. 

What do you love about your dad? 

G: I love him because he is great. I love that he makes me breakfast everyday when I have to go to school. I like that he has a beard. I like to play Candy Land with him.

F: Beard! Play with him!

Future...

After a very busy day at Michigan's Adventures yesterday I said, "Mike, we are about to be out numbered." Cheers to your first time being a father of a son, coming soon this August!



No comments:

Post a Comment